Holiday Batik Reversible African Cloth Masks
I am so proud to make these reversible African cloth cotton masks here in the US (with the help of my brother Arch and his partner Emily!!) to help you stay safe and support our community efforts. Arch is wearing the BEARD GANG MASK and Emily is killin' the STANDARD. This Limited Edition pattern is called BATIK. It's a super sort cotton material, hand dyed and stamped in Liberia. This cloth is from my personal collection and I'm glad to put it to good use. Perfect for the Bombchel who likes their masks bold, but a little subtle.
black and white or black and red on one side and teals on the other OR
teals blues and purples on both sides.
What even is BATIK?
Batik is a hand dyed process where wax is used to manipulate the patterning. Made in Liberia, our tie dye guru dyes each piece of cloth into a pattern. Then he uses wax to stamp a design on the material before submerging it in dye one more time. He then uses an iron to remove the wax, so you're left with a beautiful work of art! *chefs kiss*
The benefits of Bombchel Reversible African Cloth masks:
- Sustainably made from old Bombchel skirts that were in storage, set to be purged in some way.
- Buy one mask and another gets donated to a person who can't quarantine at home because they do not have a home. We fully intend to take care of the community through the duration of COVID-19. Thank you for your help.
- Handmade from cotton material
- Masks not intended for medical grade use, simply to encourage you to not take N95 masks from healthcare workers who need them
- We have a standard size and we have a BEARD GANG size! The Beard Gang mask has an additional cloth extension at the bottom to comfortably conceal and contain your beard.
- Bold Bombchel patterns and colors and REVERSIBLE. Red/ brown/ orange on one side, blue/ green/ red on the other. Fire and water =)
- Washable and reusable
All Sales Final. No Returns or Exchanges Allowed.
Please allow 7-10 business days for fulfillment and shipping.
All consumer purchases of the Face Mask help fund our ability to donate masks to our community while providing living wages.
Please understand that our face masks are not a replacement for medical grade Personal Protective Equipment, and in circumstances where medical grade Personal Protective Equipment is recommended, you should consult a health care professional. The decision to use this mask is solely your own.
Please remember that the use of face masks is not intended to replace other recommended measures to stop the community spread of COVID-19, such as social distancing, washing your hands and refraining from touching your face. Follow the latest advice of the CDC and your own health care professionals as to how best to keep yourself safe.